Sony Interactive Entertainment have finally unveiled the PlayStation 5, showcasing the next-generation console’s design and deep lineup of brand new games coming to the platform.
The livestream announcement showed the PS5 hardware for the first time, with its bold, two-tone design. Launching in two options – a standard model with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive, and a digital model without a disc drive, offering unprecedented choice at launch to gamers.
Fans were also given a first look at the new games that will define the next generation of gaming on PlayStation 5. Across dozens of titles, most of which are launching as console exclusives or full exclusives on PS5, the world’s most talented developers showcased the potential of the hardware, which will unlock rich experiences for gamers, bringing them deeper into extraordinary game worlds than ever before.
PS5’s exclusive game lineup includes blockbuster series such as Marvel’s Spider-Man MilesMorales, Gran Turismo 7, and Horizon Forbidden West, along with brand new titles from the industry’s top game creators. Enhanced and expanded version of Grand Theft Auto V coming to PS5; new standalone version of Grand Theft Auto Online will be free to all PS5 owners within first three months of the title’s launch in 2021.
A slate of new PS5 accessories to enhance the gaming experience have also been announced:
- DualSense Wireless Controllers.
- DualSense Charging Station – for convenient charging of two DualSense Wireless Controllers.
- HD Camera – featuring dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments.
- Media Remote – a remote control with built-in microphone to navigate movies and streaming services with ease.
- PULSE 3D wireless headset – offering 3D audio support and dual noise cancelling microphones
Pricing and additional details for PlayStation 5 will be released at a later date.
Watch the Replay of the Livestream Announcement