Husqvarna South Africa recently hosted their Media and Dealer launch for the all-new 2024 Enduro Range out at Hartbeespoort Dam. We were treated to the unveiling of the bikes as well as the opportunity to test ride the new machines at the Blue Groove adventure/ riding facility.
A key point to consider is – the 2024 models are completely new, a new generation boasting an all-new platform and multiple technical advancements that raise the bar in Enduro performance. Expertly crafted with new frames, subframes, bodywork, suspension, brakes, and, and, and…
“Allowing riders to master terrain like never before.” – A statement by Husqvarna that rings true in so many ways. We took the FE 350 and FE 450 into the rough and technical trails, climbs and tracks on offer at Blue Groove. Challenging ourselves and the bikes’ capabilities, over and over again were met by simplicity, ride-ability and ease as the bikes’ handled everything we threw at them. It’s almost like cheating!
Want to channel your inner Billy Bolt? Look no further…
Technical changes have been made to all seven class-leading machines:
The new, enduro-specific W suspension offers predictable damping and allows riders to conquer technical sections in complete confidence and control. The W XACT Closed Cartridge spring forks incorporate a mid-valve piston for smooth action and consistent performance while a hydrostop in the final 68 mm of travel helps to maintain forward momentum. A redesigned W XACT shock features a new piston to improve comfort and is 100 g lighter and 15 mm shorter while retaining 300 mm of travel. Both the fork and shock settings can be adjusted by hand for a fast and easy personalised set-up.
The new chromium molybdenum steel frame is designed to work in perfect harmony with the W suspension. Improving anti-squat behaviour and offering revised flex characteristics, the chassis, which includes a new and much more durable hybrid subframe, guarantees each machine delivers exceptionally agile handling with confidence-inspiring straight-line stability.
The new bodywork and new high-grip seat cover offer an improved rider triangle, which ensures more knee contact and better control, the slim design of the bodywork also offers complete freedom of movement when riding standing-up.
A redesigned headlight produces a brighter light output and is installed using a much more efficient and user-friendly mounting system.
The TE 150, TE 250, and TE 300 2-Stroke models are now powered by new engines fuelled using Throttle Body Injection (TBI) technology. Introduced to ensure these machines maintain their best-in-class performance, TBI guarantees a much more consistent and controllable spread of power throughout the rev range, even in the toughest of conditions.
The FE 250 and FE 350 4-Stroke machines benefit from new and much more compact DOHC engines. These are positioned in the frame two degrees backwards when compared to the previous generation, which further centralises mass and contributes to the improved anti-squat behaviour of the chassis. In addition, both engines are designed to position all major components as centrally as possible for improved handling and to generate maximum torque and power.
Take your enduro riding experience to new levels with advanced electronics. The EMS allows each machine to offer two pre-set riding maps to suit varying terrain, with each gear selected engaging a tailored power delivery. The 4-stroke models additionally offer Traction Control and a Quickshifter for positive upshifts, even under heavy load.
The line-up is complete with premium components including a new LED headlight, enhanced BRAKTEC brakes with high performance GSK discs, a combined start/stop button, ProTaper handlebars, and Michelin enduro tyres.
2024 Husqvarna TE 300 – 2-Stroke
2024 Husqvarna FE 350 – 4-Stroke
2024 Husqvarna Enduro Range Technical Highlights
- New chromium molybdenum steel frame optimised for improved anti-squat behaviour and enhanced flex characteristics.
- New polyamide/aluminium hybrid subframe offers exceptional strength and durability.
- New 48 mm W XACT Closed Cartridge spring forks deliver consistent damping and predictable handling.
- New W XACT rear shock is lighter and developed specifically for enduro riding.
- New ergonomic bodywork offers revised rider triangle for enhanced control.
- New 2-stroke engines feature TBI technology for improved ride-ability and ease of use.
- New 250cc and 350cc DOHC 4-stroke engines provide class-leading power and torque.
- New LED headlight provides a brighter light output and simplified fitment.
- New BRAKTEC brake system and high-performance GSK discs provide superior stopping power.
- New multifunctional Map Select Switch design controls the Quickshifter and Traction Control (4-stroke
- New Offroad Control Unit (OCU) for highest level of reliability and user-friendly serviceability of electronics.
- Premium-quality ProTaper handlebar and ODI Grips.
- Electric starter powered by a lightweight Li-ion 2.0 Ah battery.
The 2024 Husqvarna Enduro range is available now! Options and retail pricing below.
For more details, visit the official website.
2024 Husqvarna TE 150 – R142 699.00
2024 Husqvarna TE 250 – R165 699.00
2024 Husqvarna TE 300 – R173 699.00
2024 Husqvarna FE 250 – R169 699.00
2024 Husqvarna FE 350 – R172 699.00
2024 Husqvarna FE 450 – R174 699.00
2024 Husqvarna FE 501 – R177 699.00
Photos by Sage Lee Voges/ ZC Marketing Consulting.