The 2021 Yamaha motocross competition line-up has been revealed, and it continues to raise the bar of competitive performance. Featuring a diverse and exciting range of models for all ages and levels of experience.
With their liquid-cooled 2-stroke engines and high-specification chassis designs, the YZ65 and YZ85 give youth racers the very best start into motocross – while the YZ125 is the perfect bike for teenagers to sharpen their race skills before moving up to the adult category. Then there’s the legendary YZ250, Yamaha’s ultimate 2-stroke motocross bike with a loyal following of committed racers and leisure riders all over the world. The all-new YZ250F and recently-redesigned YZ450F come with the most advanced technology.
Pictured: YZ65, YZ85, YZ125 and YZ250 2-Stroke Machines
Introducing the updated YZ250F, featuring a thoroughly refined engine, revised frame, new suspension settings and new brakes to deliver more power and nimble yet confidence-inspiring handling.
2021 Yamaha YZ250F
What’s new for the 2021 YZ250F?
• All-new cylinder head with an improved intake port shape and new camshaft profile.
• New air box and intake track, silencer and an updated ECU, along with an updated transmission and shift cam, revised clutch design and improved water pump impeller produce a more competent machine.
• Frame has redesigned engine mounts with better flex characteristics.
• The Kayaba SSS forks have enhanced speed-sensitive damping, while the Kayaba shock gets revised damping.
• Top triple clamp, handlebar mounts and front axle were redesigned to complement the new frame.
• Improved braking performance is achieved with lighter weight front and rear brake callipers, larger brake pads and redesigned 270mm front and 240mm rear rotors.
• Includes electric start, lithium battery, fuel injection, downdraft intake tract and rear-exit exhaust layout.
• Racers can adjust ECU straight from their phone using the on board Wi-Fi Yamaha Power Tuner App.
Also, introducing the 2021 YZ450F, with an updated engine, cylinder head, frame and Launch Control System.
2021 Yamaha YZ450F
What’s new for the 2021 YZ450F?
• Ultra-compact 450cc 4-valve engine, power with control.
• Rearward-slanted cylinder gives mass centralised design.
• Reversed cylinder head with forward-facing inlet and rear-exit exhaust.
• Yamaha Power Tuner for instant trackside tuning via a smartphone.
• 2-mode handlebar button for switching engine power map while riding.
• Compact electric starter with ultra-light battery.
• Launch Control System, optimises engine output for quicker starts.
• Agile and lightweight aluminium bilateral beam frame delivers precise handling.
• Slim line body and seat for ultimate ergonomics.
• Industry-leading KYB® coil spring-type speed sensitive front suspension.
• Link-type Monocross rear suspension with specially-tuned KYB shock.
• 270mm front disc, 240mm rear disc.
• 4-position adjustable rubber-mounted handlebar clamp.