McDonald’s South Africa is making music for the third year with its ‘Top Jock’ DJ competition. Top Jock, which aims to scout and cultivate Mzansi’s musical talent, will take place at 10 university campuses around the country.
To find the best talent, McDonald’s is partnering with South African DJ extraordinaire and party-starter, DJ Euphonik, who will be the judge at all events, including the electrifying final showdown.
To kick start the event McDonald’s is inviting aspiring DJs to submit their demos at the following university campuses:
- UJ (University of Johannesburg (Kingway campus))
- UJ (University of Johannesburg (Bunding Road campus))
- Wits (University of the Witwatersrand)
- UCT (University of Cape Town)
- Tuks (University of Pretoria)
- UKZN (University of KwaZulu Natal)
- TUT (Tshwane University of Technology)
- Kovsies (University of the Free State)
- Stellies (University of Stellenbosch)
- University of Limpopo
Four students from each campus will battle it out in front of their peers and DJ Euphonik to stand a chance to represent their campus as the Top Jock. The 10 campus finalists will then compete for the title of McDonald’s Top Jock 2012 at the grand final event in Johannesburg on 30 March 2012.
The ultimate “spin doctor” will be handsomely rewarded with a 12 month DJ course and other desirable prizes to the value of R100 000.00, as well as sharing their moment of fame on MTV and MTV Base.
Visit www.topjock247.co.za to find out when each campus competition is happening.