The all-new Thor MX Prime Pro motocross racewear headlines the brand’s 2019 range. Every stitch is designed with purpose and intent, and by utilizing premium materials combined with detailed craftsmanship this is their most advanced racewear to date. We had the opportunity to test out the Prime Pro in the Jet Midnight/ Sky colourway paired with the matching Rebound gloves. Our thoughts…
Just the look and feel of the Prime Pro boasts its premium quality. Once on and smashing a couple laps around the track you realise just how well designed the racewear really is. Thor took the time to create racewear that allows the rider to work more efficiently with the bike by incorporating minimal weight, unrestricted mobility and an athletic fit – designed to reduce interference between man and machine.
It, pure and simple, just feels good to wear and ride the Prime Pro. Knowing that it’s constructed with premium materials and has been developed with the insight and testing from Thor’s elite riders gives a huge sense of satisfaction. The pants come with removable compression shorts built-in, which is something we really liked – just make sure to put them on before putting your knee braces on.
Thor MX Prime Pro Jersey Standout Features
- Flat-stitched seams to minimize irritation
- Tail silicone print helps keep jersey tucked in
- Moisture wicking material
- Fully ventilated arms and back panel
- Minimal seams for maximum comfort
- Taped collar and cuffs
- Hybrid fit with tailored sleeves
Thor MX Prime Pro Pants Standout Features
- Strategically placed vented mesh panels
- Inner knee panel features aramid fibers to reduce knee-brace wear
- Full grain leather inner knee panels
- Abrasion tolerant Poly/ Spandex blend
- Inner compression shorts
- Ultra lightweight pre-curved chassis design
- Ratchet style waist closure
- Interior hip pocket (easily removable)
- Inner waist silicone band
- Laser cut holes for ventilation
Colourways left to right: Jet Midnight/Sky – Jet Black/Orange – Infection Black/Acid – Infection Maroon/Red Orange – Floral – Fighter Charcoal/Camo.
Thor MX Rebound Gloves Standout Features
- Silicone treated fingertips for improved lever control
- Wrapped inner-thumb for durability
- Mesh finger gussets for breathability
- Hook and loop wrist closure for a secure fit
- Perforated palm with overlays for durability
- 4-way stretch, layered and breathable backhand materials
- Direct inject rubber backhand panels
Colourways left to right: Sky/Midnight – Orange/Black – Maroon/White – Black.
The 2019 Thor MX Prime Pro racewear is a product hard to fault and in our opinion worth every cent.
Expect to pay:
Prime Pro Jersey – R600.00
Prime Pro Pants – R2600.00
Rebound Gloves – R550.00
For dealer enquiries contact TRP Distributors on 011 708 3688.
Photos by Emerson Haupt.